Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall Conference

     I wanted to get back in touch with all of you. I will be attending the fall conference with my National Sales Director, Stacy James.  I am really excited about making the trip to Oklahoma City, OK. in October. I don't really travel a lot but I am learning to enjoy the blessings.  The conference will focus on helping consultants learn more skills to aid them in their own Mary Kay business. Anyone who joins the Mary Kay force is given their own business number. This means you are in business for yourself, selling Mary Kay products. Many of us have the necessary skills to operate our own business. Most of us don't realize our full skill list until we begin to think outside of the box, being creative. Being creative for some is very easy. It is like breathing. However, for some being creative comes to be a challenge as this is more abstract thinking than following a structured pattern. We all learned to color within the lines in Kindergarten and we all know what it is like to be reminded not to go out of the lines. What we understood in Kindergarten can sometimes get into the way of creative thinking. We are all too scared to jump outside of the lines so we cling to what is familiar and forsake what we can not see.
     My story begins in a time that I was an emotional mess.  I started my Mary Kay  business nearly 18 years ago when I was 27.  I was trying to have a family, make a failing relationship work, work at a place that treated me like a robot, and had very little self esteem. I cared to much over the wrong things and I let others interfere to much with what I had been given. That would be knowing the right thing to do for myself but being too afraid to step out.  Well, in those days, Mary Kay was still on foot and face to face.  I really wasn't very good at sales but I was great with people. I just didn't realize that until much later.  I came into the business with money and could place an Emerald star order.  I got my ladder of success pin with my green emerald in it.  I didn't sell anything and was pressured to buy more than what I could buy in Mary Kay product for my sales director.  That was a horrible place to be in as I felt at the time, I was failing. This was not the Mary Kay way and I was not trained to be successful. So sadly, I quit. I stopped and began to feel really bad about my choices. I had buyers remorse as I did not understand that having product always means you have something of value because you can sell it to another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment