Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Mary Kay Party

Hello everyone,
I am glad to be posting again and my hope is that everyone out there will like my blog, leave their thoughts and comments on my blog posts.

    So what is it about Mary Kay Parties?  Why does the (MKC), Mary Kay Consultant ask me to set up a free facial and then ask me to invite friends?  That's easy!!! Who wants to party alone?  I don't, especially if I am experiencing something new for the first time. At least I have my friends with me who, hopefully, will give me an honest opinion about the products that we are all putting on our faces. Another good reason to have your friends with you is for the excitement!! Product parties can be fun if that is how they are set up to be.  There shouldn't be any high sales pitch with clients walking out the door with buyer's remorse.  To be honest, I have never seen any man, woman, or teen walk out from a free facial with heads drooped and feeling like they Had to buy something.  My experience has been, that I couldn't  keep my clients from the product if I tried. Inside Secret..That's because the product works!!
    The Mary Kay Party  serves several purposes:
   1. Try before you buy
   2. Meet new people or connect with friends that you haven't seen for a long time
   4. Learn about the products you are putting on your face
   5. Learn about the Mary Kay Opportunity through the experiences of the MKC

   The greatest compliment that any of my clients can give me is to share their experiences with their friends, family and co-workers!!! I know I am doing a good job if I hear, "I want to host a party so my friends can experience what I have experienced today.  With that I get very excited!! Not because I  have more contacts or potential clients. Rather, I get to meet people, like you, who would enjoy a free facial, earning free product, or just having a great time!!  I get to meet people that may become my friends or friendly acquaintances regardless of who buys what or not buy at all.
    In my previous post, I talked a lot about being a caring person who loves other people. I do care about others as I would care for my own family.  I refuse to treat others as an opportunity to make money.  If I didn't care about serious issues, others feelings, and where they are in their lives; I would have never become a substance abuse counselor!  I work from a high ethical standard and I live by the Golden Rule; "Treat others how you wish to be treated".  I also take it a step further, I treat your friends and family how I would want another to treat my own Mother! Another standard that I live by is to, "do no harm".  This is something that I have to incorporate into my counseling because I work with people everyday that are in crisis, feeling hopeless, feeling useless, and hurt from traumatic experiences that have happened to them. I see others potential of what they can over come and become walking on a better path, making better decisions.  I'm not going to let a teen continue to use drugs and destroy their lives and the lives of their families. I'm going to introduce Education to them. The same is true with being a MKC.  If I see you have skin issues than I want to talk with you because I may have a better way.  I give suggestions not advice.  Every person has to decide for themselves if the Mary Kay product works for them or even if they want it.  It has been my experience, that if they try the product, they will see the value and want to continue using the product.  There is no magic formula to talk anyone into anything!! My belief is this; you either care about what happens to others and how they feel or you might as well go be a used car salesperson. The way I feel about it is that I am going to continue to care and offer others a great product regardless because that is who I am at Heart. A caring friend! And if that makes me the most unsuccessful salesperson, than so be it!!  At least I know who I am at the end of the day.
     To sum it up, Mary Kay Parties are available to everyone as a tool to try new products, make friends, and have fun learning about the many Mary Kay products. So the next time a MKC  asks if you want a free facial or host a party,You should say yes!! Otherwise, you are missing out on learning something new and having fun doing it!!
    Have a great day, week, and weekend!!

Sincerely,

Dawn Stark, BA, MBA, CRADC  and a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment