Monday, March 25, 2013

Mary Kay Career Conference 2013


March 22-23, 2013 in Omaha, Nebraska was the Mary Kay Career Conference. One of the most exciting parts of being a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant is the ability to attend Career Conference. I am exited and rejuvenated from attending this awesome event. Career conference is something that I rarely miss the chance to attend because I always get great and wonderful messages that enable me to be stronger in my business. The absolute cool thing about career conference is that I gain an invaluable education from the top gals that have built their businesses and share their success stories.  Even though most of the information was exactly what  I already knew, I heard many messages differently this year. I do believe that we are all presented with opportunities and some of those messages do not get through and can change meaning later in our lives when we need those messages the most. I have numbered the top 5 messages that I believe anyone can use to be more successful in their lives.
1. Goal Setting:  goal setting should be smart goals. SMART stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timed. What does all of this mean?  Well your goals should be easily explained and understood. Goals should be measurable. When making a goal add all of the measurable, tangible, and time  that describes your action in the goal. An example, I will attend Seminar this year. How will I do this?  I will need to have at least three other women who want to become MK consultants and start their own business. I will then need to lead my team to success by offering the MK experience and booking facials/parties. I will need to make X amount of money to also reach this goal. So being measurable is all the numeric details to your goal. When, How, Where,  and What are all answered. Next my goal should be attainable. I should have a realistic time frame in which to obtain my goal. Finally, my goals should have a deadline. Most of us will not work on today’s goals when we lose site of our final outcome. Obtaining those goals which stem from our desires and dreams. To complete  goals one should give a deadline because then we have set a goal  that we will continue to strive for until we complete our goal.
2.  Keep a success journal. This is a journal that you  have  written simple goals that you want to accomplish and listing all of the positive completions for that day. This builds trust within yourself. When anyone sets a goal, writes it down in detail, keeping there eye on the end result (dreams and visions) will come true and that is note worthy. What you have done each day  is important and  worthy of the time it takes to write  down your everyday successes.
3. The perfect moment is now!! Understand that there is never going to be the “right” moment or the “perfect” moment to wait to start achieving your dreams.   Dreams do come true  if you are willing to put forth the work it takes to make that dream a reality. One thing that tears our dreams down are the times we procrastinate. We are letting opportunities slip by us because we are stuck in thinking and not acting on our dreams. Dreams should be a priority and not just fanciful thinking to be later discarded. Why? Because dreams are what is connected to our hearts. We are in the state of joy when we live out our dreams. So how do we stop  putting things off?  Well, take out a piece of paper and answer three simple questions: 1. Where are you?  2.  What do you want to do?  3.  How will you feel while doing what you want to do?  If we are living in the joy that God wants us to be in then we can answer all three questions and know that our joy is coming from our hearts.  We are accomplishing something important and that is just worth writing about and shouting about from the highest mountain.
4. Become members of Never Miss a Thing Club. This means you are out and about traveling, eating, experiencing the world around you, and giving back to everyone you see. Never miss an opportunity to give money to charity, to serve your community through volunteering your services, and don’t stop giving of yourself to receive yourself. When we give a few pennies to the Ronald McDonald house we are saying to the universe that we are living in abundance. Once we take on the idea we always have what we need when we need it money becomes easy to let go and let God. We should always work from our hearts and give to those who need it the most. When I gave a few pennies away, God gave me over $20 of free Route 44’s from Sonic through the drink survey. God wants to give us all of our dreams but our hands need to be empty  to receive his gifts.
5. Wait for No One!!!  I can not stress this enough. Your time is worth something and others are not always on the same page we are. So you can’t let someone else dictate to you when your dreams come true. Others may be working on their own selves so let them. If someone does not come through with a promise do not get angry. Instead offer them patients, kindness, and the distance they require. However, you must move on to obtain your goals and allow your planted seeds to grow for you in the future.
So this is just some of  the great information that in my mind was already rolling around. For some reason these words, I heard differently and I am grateful to have heard the message that God intended for me to hear and ultimately share with all of you.  I leave you with a single thought; may all your dreams come true and may you always live in the joy of God’s grace. Blessings to all my fans and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment